Things that happened this week:
1. I made it through Monday on very little sleep.
2. The teacher next door to me missed another two days, bringing her yearly total of days missed up to somewhere around 50.
3. I showed my Foundations class clips of The Great Gatsby in preparation for discussing the “Roaring 20s;” causing two boys in the back to break out into some sort of weird Soulja Boy/Charleston hybrid.
4. We had benchmark testing and its attendant weird benchmark testing schedule, meaning that I have not seen my 4th period since Wednesday. (I’m not entirely saddened…)
5. My keys (house, car, classroom…all of them) disappeared on Thursday sometime between 1st and 2nd period. I have not seen them since. Luckily I keep a spare car key in my purse.
6. We had every single cast member at rehearsal for the first time ever on Wednesday. I was unbelievably exciting.
7. I met with the scholarship committee to break a potential tie for the $10,000/year scholarship awarded to a Senior every year. It was heartbreaking. I want to give them all the money.
8. We had a “field day” on Friday (more about that in the next post).
9. I washed 15 cars to help raise money for Prom.
9a. I sprayed my department head with a hose (accidentally-on purpose) for morphing into the Car Wash Nazi and tearing hose out of my hands.
10. I wore jeans to work for the first time. The kids were astounded.